Thursday 22 February 2007

Read All About It

You heard it here first folks:

quote

DR. JOSE RAMOS HORTA TELLS AL JAZEERA ENGLISH
HE PLANS TO RUN FOR PRESIDENCY

22 February 2007, Al Jazeera English today interviewed the Prime Minister of East Timor, Dr. Jose Ramos Horta who reveals exclusively to Al Jazeera English for the first time that he will run for the Presidency.

Speaking to Al Jazeera English, Dr. Horta said:

“After a lot of hesitation, I have decided to run for the Presidency. I will announce it shortly. Many people have come to me, barefoot, illiterate from around the country, some without even my agreement began collecting signatures for me.”

“I have consulted with my President, Xanana Gusmao, consulted with the Bishops and I have decided to accept the burden.”

“But if the people in their centuries old wisdom decide to vote for someone else, there are plenty of candidates right now, it is positive, there are so many candidates, if the people in their centuries old wisdom decide to vote for any of them other than me I will probably be the only candidate in the world for any job who will celebrate my electoral demise.”


-ENDS-


Press Office
Al Jazeera English
P.O. Box 23127
Doha, Qatar
Tel. +974-489-2320/1 (Doha)
Tel. +44-(0)207-201-2819 (London)
Tel. +1-202-496-4544 (Washington DC)

No comments: